Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Even hit and run accidents happen at 5km/hour

Driving in the interminable traffic last night, was hit at slow speed by the neighboring car.  We ground to a halt with our cars locked to each other.

He backed up, disengaged and then ran away!  A lead had suddenly opened up in the traffic and he managed to take off at about 15km/hour - just too fast for us to catch him!  We had undone our seatbelts and were ready to get out and have a civilized conversation about how it's all his fault.

I saved his license number in my phone but now it seems like I've somehow deleted it.

The good thing - when I got home and checked the car, it's just another small dent.  We've had the office car 6 months and this is the 7th dent.  All slow speed accidents with no injuries, and no coming to blows.  But this is the first hit and jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment